I’ve talked about the Organic vs Non-Organic dilemma a couple of times on my blog. I know buying organic is expensive and sometimes not as environmentally friendly as buying locally. Well, it seems that there is a good, cheap option to clean your fruit/veggies of pesticides, bugs, bacteria and anything else that could make you sick.
Three cups of water and one cup of white vinegar in a spray bottle apparently cleans better than the veggie wash options out there. This article goes into more details about how to clean your food effectively. Vinegar seems to be the magic solution to clean almost anything! Who knew that healthier, more environmentally friendly cleaners could be so cheap!
Ah and today, I got an e-mail from Ideal Bite today with this information about white distilled vinegar:
- All-purpose countertop and mildew cleaner: Mix vinegar and water 1:1 in a spray bottle
- Fabric softener: Add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle
- Toilet bowl cleaner: Use pure vinegar to get rid of rings
- Window cleaner: Mix vinegar and water 1:4 in a spray bottle
- Weed killer: Use higher concentrations of vinegar (most household vinegar is 5%, so go for 10% or higher, available at hardware stores).
- And more tips on vinegar
- And still, even more!
I’ll have to try these out and see if they work!