So this is the first project to be made from the stash of fabric that we picked up last weekend. The fabric is a little cartoon-y, but I thought it was appropriate for an Asian inspired robe. . . I had been wanting to make myself one of these robes since I made Jason’s mom one for Christmas. So I cut everything out Wednesday night, sewed it all up just to have my sewing machine quit at the belt loops. Time to take it apart again! At least the machine quit after the bulk of the project was complete and the robe was wearable. Someday I will get a sewing machine that doesn’t quit on me so regularly.
Whew, I look rough in that photo (and for good reason). Little did I know that this robe was going to come in handy the following couple of days. I woke up Thursday morning with a NASTY stomach bug, threw on my robe and curled up on the couch while Jason went and picked up various items to help settle my unsettleable stomach and bring my fever down. I am home from work on day two with this bug, feeling exponentially better but still more queasy than I should be feeling. At least today I feel well enough to curl up with a book so maybe I’ll get some reading done. 🙂
Happy Friday everyone and I hope that none of y’all end up with this nasty stomach bug that seems to be going around!