- Jude is getting the hiccups almost daily (which I’ve been told is a sign of ‘fetal well-being’). It feels like a twitch that you can’t get rid of.
- I still have my belly button as an innie. Yay! I wonder if it will last until Jude’s born.
- I’m finding there is nothing like posting a pregnant picture of yourself on facebook for a pick-me-up when we’re not feeling ‘cute and pregnant’ – which is pretty much, well, never (people must always be monitoring those feeds!).
- I’m starting to feel what 25 extra pounds around your belly does to your back (time for a chiropractor visit and some more yoga).
- My energy level has plummeted back to first trimester levels but that might be partly due to our schedule.
- I won’t be wearing pink again during this pregnancy. Feeling like a pink Easter egg for a day does some damage to your self image. Solids, darks and neutrals from here on out.
- I am having to STRONGLY resist the urge to buy more maternity clothes since things are beginning to fit even more poorly than before. I just have to live with the fact that I’m wearing the same outfits almost every week.
- Sitting on the floor is no longer a good option for me. Not because it’s uncomfortable, but because it is difficult to get up from there.
- I have the weird sensation of not knowing I have to pee until I stand up. Not so pleasant!
- Being cold is a much less frequent occurrence than it used to be. Apparently, being pregnant makes you hot all the time.
- Belly sitting on thighs and boobs sitting on belly are definitely not sensations I ever wanted to feel. And it feels as odd as it sounds.
- I’m pretty excited because I’m getting belly henna (also known as a ‘belly blessing’) on Friday! I’m sure Jason will take plenty of pictures. 🙂
- And a question for you recent mom’s out there – I am clueless on nursing bras – anyone have any thoughts/recommendations? Anything else that was necessary to have post baby that you didn’t think of? I’ve already heard Lily Padz for reusable nursing pads and a few balms to sooth sensitive areas. . .
(The picture is legitimately 7 months even if this post is about a week late! We have to have similar pictures to compare once this is all over – let me tell you, they look crazy all lined up next to each other. . . )